Amilo SI 1520
|/915resolution /Bios Update /Bluetooth /Kernel /Links /Meine Lieblingspakete im Überblick /Reparatur /Soundchip-Conexant 5045-alsa-patch /Suspend /Suspend2 /amilo 1520 cannot access root device /memory upgrade /wlan|
Mobile Intel 945GM Express Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG 1280 x 800 ( WXGA ) http://support.fujitsu-siemens.de/Manuals/ShowDescription_KMT.asp?DokuID=200413 http://support.fujitsu-siemens.de/Manuals/ShowDescription_KMT.asp?DokuID=210328
Ein Versuch die Zeit während der letzen Wochen in der Kur zu nutzen und mal die LPI-Prüfung anzugehen.
* http://www.ciao.de/Produktdaten/Fujitsu_Siemens_AMILO_Si_1520__2261776 * http://www.dooyoo.de/notebook/fujitsu-siemens-amilo-si-1520/details/
- Das SI1520 scheint ja fast baugleich zu sein und hiernach funktioniert es ganz gut mit Ubuntu Dapper.
- .. Needed the package 915resolution to get the widescreen display in full 1280 x 800 mode.
- The only real (but still minor) problem is the sound chip, which is only partially supported. It plays back like it should, but all the sliders I can see are Master volume, PCM, and Capture. No mic/line in. Supposedly this is fixed in ALSA v 1.0.11. Ubuntu has 1.0.10. Does the sound work any better in SUSE?
686 SMP kernel
- seems to use both CPU cores and scales the freq up and down. Suspend and hibernate had issues with WLAN and CPU scaling, but is OK now, after installing Network Manager and adding powernowd to STOP_SERVICES in /etc/default/acpi-support.
The boot-up takes about one minute from power-on to the username prompt in X. That's on a Centrino Duo 1.6 GHz. I can live with that, even more so with suspend working so well.
I don't have any temperature monitor in Windows, but this laptop definitely feels hotter running Windows than Ubuntu, where I get 40 - 45 degrees C at low loads. The fan turns on at 60 degrees and is really quiet, at least compared to my old Dell C800.
Quote: The touchpad problem seems to only be in Firefox
I think I saw that on an old laptop which ran Sun Java Desktop System (SUSE 8-based). Must be the horizontal scroll strip along the bottom edge of the touchpad that is interpreted as back/forward. View user's profileSend private message roby
Joined: 14 Aug 2006 Posts: 1 Topics: None
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top No the sound is the only problem I have in Opensuse 10.1. It is a different issue in fact I'm not able to control the sound volume neither in the installation phase of the ALSA driver nor during the playing of music or notification. The other problematic aspect is the dual head monitor, I'm not able to switch (Fn+F3), like in windows, to an external monitor at a different resolution from the local flat panel. To have the full 1280x1024 resolution of the external monitor I have to connect it at the boot time. For the rest wireless, bluetooth etc.. it works. View user's profileSend private message soundpete
Joined: 01 Aug 2006 Posts: 7 Topics: None
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top I have fixed the scrolling problem in firefox Goto the address "about:config" in Firefox, filter by "mousewheel", then set:
* mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action to 0 * mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.sysnumlines to true
Yep I also have the sound problem I discovered it while away this weekend, then came back to read here that its the same in Ubuntu. Not done the alsa updates yet but will try when I get some spare time to try. In windows with the function keys the sound seemed to either be quietish on levels one or two then near enough full volume up to 10?
Now you mention it my machine runs much cooler in SUSE than windows, its the same 1.6ghz so maybe windows is driving the CPU harder and not responding to the temp soon enough? Not that bothered as I wll mainly be using Linux on it but would be interested if there was a fix. View user's profileSend private message yours_idless
Joined: 28 Jul 2006 Posts: 2 Topics: 2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top so many thanks soundpete ! you helped so much ! View user's profileSend private message soundpete
FATAL: Unknown capture source type 'ipw3945' in source 'ipw3945,eth1,ipw3945'
Damit beide Prozessorkerne funktionieren, muss der 386er Kernel durch den 686er ersetzt werden, was man aber schon wegen des Befehlssatzes tun sollte. Damit danach WLAN noch funktioniert, darf man nicht vergessen auch das entsprechende restricted-modules-Paket zu installieren.
Auch mal testen http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.4.6/Portables MacOSX scheint also auch zu gehen
AmiloSi1520 (last edited 2010-01-14 09:32:09 by DetlevLengsfeld)